Review the foundation’s guidelines and procedures to determine eligibility.
Send a completed application, with a clear description of the project, including narrative about funding from other sources and how the project will be accomplished.
Provide the following supporting materials:
- Brief background of your organization: history of its existence, list of staff and board, and description of service provided
- A project budget
- The applicant organization’s most recent financial statement
- Proof of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status as determined by the IRS
All applications should be printed and mailed as one package to:
Craig Braget, Foundation Secretary
John K. & Luise V. Hanson Foundation
245 East J Street
Forest City, IA 50436
Please Note:The foundation may request reports or updates and reserves the right to conduct its own evaluations of funded projects.
Received by March 1
Received by June 1
Received by September 1
Received by December 1
- If the 1st falls on a weekend/holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day. Late submissions will be considered at the next date.
- All applications received by the above deadlines will be considered by the Board of Directors and Advisory Committee. You will be notified of their decision within 60 days from the deadline.
- Please refrain from lobbying our Board of Directors and Advisory Committee regarding your proposal.